Just wondering here if there’s anyone else in the world thinks like me. They said that if you want change, change should begin within oneself. So I ask, "If everyone in the world will act and think like I do, will this be a better world?" I am shaken to my innards just thinking about it. I mean, I believe in the Golden Rule -most of the time. But if you all think and act like me… there might be dire consequences.
Here’s what the world might look like:
A quieter world. I am not a talkative person. In a conversation, I normally contribute about 10%, 25% during wine night. And if everyone will do the no ho-horn day everyday like yesterday’s, there will be no road rage;
An integrated world. I love coffee, wine, ube, macapuno and bilo-bilo. The haut monde and the fashionable will blend well with the pedestrians and baduys;
Bigger cathedrals and places of worship. I attend mass everyday. I don’t claim to be better than those who don’t because I do not have the mind of God. Though I question Him, “Why on earth create cockroaches and mosquitoes?” I mean, for the love of… WHY?
A world full of animals. I am vegetarian. There’s the rub I was talking about. Too many people would rather watch The Ten Commandments movie ten times than eat grass. Just the thought of men and horses fighting over a stack of hay makes me hungry for a rosemary-braised lamb shank.
I don’t know anymore. The world may be better. Or worse. A tad better, I think. Corny. But better.
Here’s to a better world. Cheers.
#MyCafeNotes

It’s the differences that triggers our creative juices.
ReplyDeleteAgree. Am just thinking wildly.
ReplyDeleteOh no clones! Don worry, we were ring-around-the-rosy children. They were circles around the sun. Never give up, never slow down, Never grow old, never, ever die young.
ReplyDeleteNoli Vicedo Never Die Young! haha
ReplyDeleteI think the world is a good place because we are different from one another. Like Matthew and I are different but we compliment each other. Or even if I meet someone so much unlike me – which I may find annoying – it is still good for me because then I have to learn to be accepting of others, humble and open to God’s creativity with people. We can choose to celebrate our differences. However, I sincerely believe, for the world to be a better place we are called to be loving and kind to everyone. Very difficult and of course, it will always be a struggle. But to strive to want to be one is a good start. That’s why I liked your decision not to honk your horn unless extremely needed because I find it a kind gesture not to want to be aggressive - when you choose to be patient instead of asserting yourself. But I don’t drive so I don’t know situations when you have to honk your horn. “It is striking that the Lord spent most of his time on Earth living an ordinary life, without standing out. It is a beautiful message that reveals the greatness of daily life, the importance in God's eyes of every gesture and moment of life, even the most simple.” ~ Pope Francis
ReplyDelete