I’m studying Hangeul, the Korean language. I want to read, write and speak if only to serve my Korean readers. Yes, I have a few in the North. I’m dreaming again, of course. Not only don’t I have readers in the North, I don’t have readers, period. I am writing my memoirs for my exclusive reading when I am old. I mean older. I mean, much older. Ok, before I die! Happy now?
I also wanted to learn French (Je sais déjà un peu) and Nihongo (ほとんど少ない) but since this brain has lost most of its learning dexterity, I go one skill at a time. Learning a new language will also measure how much of this grey matter has deteriorated already. Just good to know, y’know.
Back to Korean. Apart from Univ of Youtube, my daughter who speaks like a native is also teaching me. In Korea, during our last visit, she did all the talking -ordering in restos, asking for discounts, choosing grocery items, asking for discounts, giving directions to the cab driver, and asking for discounts. Comparing her to a Seoul native, I couldn’t tell the diff. And because of Korean skin care, she also looks like one.
It’s never too late to learn -even for an old dog like me.�Cheers!
#MyCafeNotes

Great language learnings, I like the coffee language. Universal.
ReplyDeleteHow about a lesson on asking for discounts?
ReplyDelete