earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

What’s your take on this: "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear?" I’ve heard this taught in a christian foundation course I attended, read it in a book the rest of which I can no longer recall and seen it on shirts worn by students who flunked Geometry. I used to argue in my mind that the reason for having a teacher is to teach you to be ready. Then why still need one when you already are?

Until recently that I’ve been praying for something did it hit me like a hot frying pan to the forehead and a tennis racket to the funny bone, simultaneously. I’m trying to understand it from the blessings angle. Will I be able to get myself up to speed if it’s granted? Great blessings come with great responsibility. Words to that effect. My simple mind tells me that if I had not been a good steward of blessings previously given, why deserve another? Appreciating what I’ve been blessed with now and using them to make me better are imperatives to getting myself ready for more.

I should be careful with what I pray for.

Here’s to more blessings. Cheers.

#MyCafeNotes

1 comment:

  1. If Im not mistaken, that student-teacher thing comes from Zen Buddhism teaching. When do they say a student is ready? When he already knows the sound of one hand clapping..

    ReplyDelete