earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Yesterday, as I was pulling up to the front of our house, a human with her dog were walking toward my direction. Familiar with some of the dogs in the village, I’ve not seen this one before. It’s a Welsh corgi. Fine looking dog, I’d say. When they got nearer, I tried to pet him(!) and seemed to like it. I asked for his name.

"Bax," the human told me. I called out the name.

"Baxter," the human again. Oh so he’s got a nickname, too, I thought.

"Hi Bax. Hey Baxter!" He wags his… wait, he wagged his behind.

Well, did you notice what’s wrong with my story? The dog had a name and a nic, even. The human didn’t. Should I had followed up with, "Btw, I didn’t get your name." "Enchanté, lovely name." "You work around here?" "Single?"

Let me ruin your imagination here. But is it rude to ask for a dog’s name and leave the human nameless? Is this a case of human rights vs. animal rights?

I’m reminded of a European volunteer in our community many years ago who beat up an office janitor for kicking a dog. I am not that bad, won’t do such a dastardly act. But let me ask: is there a protocol that should be followed when asking for a dog’s name?

It must be the caffeine kicking in why I asked but just in case, let me know. Cheers!

p.s. In hindsight, did I misinterpret the human? Is it possible that Bax was the dog’s and Baxter her name? Darn!

#MyCafeNotes

11 comments:

  1. Lovely... this made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jojang Aguas were you still with SVP when that accident happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Espn Ren Accident? I don't remember... I left SVP around 1997

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jojang Aguas the dog kicking accident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Espn Ren Oh I think I remember... yes, I think I was still with SVP then

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojang Aguas that was around early 90s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina Ealdama CamachoJanuary 14, 2021 at 9:07 AM

    It's really all about the dog and not their owner, when you chance upon them anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina Ealdama Camacho sad, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just call her Baxine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect name for the season, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Espn Ren Touche!

    ReplyDelete