earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

The oil painting that I have commissioned a local artist to do has finally arrived. Noli Vicedo, who would trade his trousers+sneakers for a James Taylor concert ticket (like me) is a good friend of mine and this is my second artwork from the maestro. A commission is a piece of work that someone is asked to do and is paid for. So I don’t get a commission, he does. I am the commissioner, he is the commissionee. Are we there yet?

So if you are looking for a reason to deco your wall the haut-monde way, give him a call. Then, I may get a commission. Now we’re getting there!

What I like most about this piece is that it reminds me of the 'Madonna and Child' that I admire much. It also reminds me of my dear Inang holding me as a baby-'though there should have been two instead of one cos I wasn’t born alone. But that’s for another commissioned work.

Now hung on our wall, it not only enriches the room aesthetics but also elevates our senses.

To our local artists, cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

9 comments:

  1. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ongJanuary 9, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    Nice piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ong thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! How much did it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yung din coffee great work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tommy Lara Andre Christer Espinosa is tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tommy Lara but I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting Noli Vicedo ! And so is the coffee, tama si Tommy Lara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojang Aguas agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina Ealdama CamachoJanuary 9, 2021 at 9:09 AM

    The artwork of Noli Vicedo . . Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete