earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2021

When I was still working in Saudi, I belonged to a clandestine Christian group that met regularly for food, prayers, food and fellowship. Did I mention food already? It was also a venue for Filipinos to look out for one another. One prayer that constantly came up every meeting was that for the country -betterment for Filipinos, end to corruption, end to injustices. Years passed on, the same prayer was still being raised. Even then, we were hoping that a time will come when our prayers will be heard. Hopeful, we all agreed, "in God’s time."

But is God taking His own sweet time? Because even now, we still hear ourselves raising the same prayers. In hindsight, I’d like to believe that this is beyond hope already. This is faith. We may not be able to see the answers in this lifetime yet we hold on because we believe that our prayers are heard. That there are answers standing at a near distance. There are just three days that separate Good Friday and Easter Sunday. It’s just that 3 days in God’s time may mean longer in ours.

I rest my faith in the God of Easter -Jesus Christ! With hope renewed and faith strengthened, we wait for God’s time. Happy Easter!

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

8 comments: