earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Holed up inside our home (and village) for more than two weeks already due to new pandemic quarantine rules, I decided to join Andre in an errand to a client in Makati, a mere 18kms away. I put on a good pair of trousers, collared shirt, and yes, perfume. Game plan was I’ll just drop him off while I stay in the car, drive around the area ’til he’s done. Then drive back home. Why the need for the trousers, shirt and perfume? Raise your head and look at the ceiling, there you’ll find the answer.

Driving back, we opted for EDSA. I wanted to feel again the traffic, see the usual buildings, the 8-to-5 grind of metro folks whose lives refuse to mind the virus or due to dire need are forced to do so. I wasn’t disappointed because I saw them all. In equal measure, I was disappointed because I saw them all. Through the windshield of my car, nothing seemed to have changed. But I could have been deceived. I couldn’t see beyond the face masks and building facades. Perhaps, better news, better sights and better sense are holed in there.

I’m back holed up where I started. It’s safer here for now. With this coffee cup.

Short story of my pandemic life.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

4 comments:

  1. Ramon Monteclaro SawitApril 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    We truly be safe, stay at home is a key to healthy days. Konting tiis pa, tho we got our vaccine today but still need to follow the safety protocols. Let’s enjoy our days at home bro . We’ll enjoy reading your #MyCoffeeCupReflections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good for you, Mon. Kami, we've registered with the LGU, also with our village here and we've paid also for Moderna thru a friend but all are sked on June. We're hoping it's sooner. Thanks for following. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramon Monteclaro SawitApril 21, 2021 at 9:02 AM

    Espn Ren, my son’s office will also give Moderna but will only be available still at the end of June/early July. My wife’s doctor however advised us if we could take from LGU whatever vaccine is available and it will be good for us. Early this morning we visited the LGU health center for our scheduled appointment and got vaccinated. Hope you got yours soon. Stay safe and regards to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one... something we can all identify with!

    ReplyDelete