earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Monday, April 5, 2021

I have long ago accepted that fact that I will go bald, just like my father and my 2 older brothers. But not without a fight. By fight, I mean minoxidil, coconut oil, aloe vera extract, rubbing of nails and prevent prayers of a desperate man about to lose it. And by lose, I mean hair and sanity. But at the turn of the new millennium, I was becoming more afraid of electric fans than bullets and picture-taking ceremonies were keeping me awake at night wondering how they will turn out. Stress was making me, well, lose more hair. Turning wavy -waving goodbye.

So I took bold steps -hairiedly. I summoned my comb, hair brush and mousse, said a teary alohair, grabbed the razor, and in 10 minutes flat, mowed my scalp to freedom. I’ve never felt so bare naked but actually good as a cool breeze dashed across my top. A new me was born. No hairicane will ever make me feel insecure anymore.

I am being true to myself: changing things I can, letting go of what I can’t.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

8 comments:

  1. love it! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gima Solano MendozaApril 5, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    Tama yan...move on...let go...it will look better at USO ka pa....pareho ng mga millenials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramon Monteclaro SawitApril 5, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    Yah! Let it go, bald is sexy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d say you’re a top gun.....ayyy top gone pala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delaying the inevitable ! Who was it who said ...”Hope springs eternal!”?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oland David Yul Brynner, etc. etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Espn Ren Hindi ba si Mr Clean?

    ReplyDelete