earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

We have an orchard. Actually, it’s a garden. To be honest, it’s just a plant box pretending to be a garden, pretending to be an orchard. It measures no bigger than my ego when I shot the basketball in the opposing team’s goal way back in HS. In it, I tried planting tomatoes, papaya and basil. It receives a good amount of sunshine everyday and I also talk to the plants about ten good things everyday as suggested by a K-Drama. So far, I have only harvested frustrations, disappointments and bitterness.

The silver lining in all these is a pomelo tree that’s been growing in it and for the first time in a decade now bears fruit, laden with it. I’m talking about dozens of pomelo fruits. In fact, I have harvested a few ripe ones. Result: it’s no pomelo. Rather, it is a calamansi pretending to be a pomelo. It’s size, shape and smell is that of a pomelo but it’s taste: super ultra sour calamansi! Pretenders in my front yard.

Never judge a fruit by it’s anatomy. Lesson learned.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

8 comments:

  1. There are also people like that...beware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean maasim? Oo nga! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Espn Ren hahaha! Great pretenders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the humor. Parang nanonood ako ng Big Bang Theory (witty script).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina Ealdama CamachoMarch 5, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    Can't imagine how you thought a calamansi as a Pomelo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s really a pomelo tree but the fruit tastes like a calamansi. Will take a photo later when we visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hermie Morelos akyatin pa natin like your guava tree!

    ReplyDelete