earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

I made hummus from scratch. No, I didn’t plant and harvest sesame seeds, chick peas, grapes, olives and garlic. I harvested them from the supermarket. I prepared the tahini myself, opened the can of chick peas, crushed garlic cloves and processed the whole thing. But along the way, I miscalculated the recipe amount of lemon and garlic. Instead of the usual 1 clove, I put 2 and instead of 1 lemon, I used 2. The end product: much, much better! Ha! Perfect with fresh carrot and cucumber sticks. And spread on sourdough toasts, I am salivating already. My vegetarian family and neighbors loved it.

Many good inventions were products of accidents and odd science. My hmmm hummus, it’s one of them.

Don’t be afraid to make experiments and fail because a failure according to established standards may prove to be the next big thing.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

11 comments:

  1. Reng David-MorelosMarch 18, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    What about for your family here in the South?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reng David-Morelos kapit lang. malapit na.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummus on veggie meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do u make tahini? Ginoogle mo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia Vicente here are the recipes I follow. I tweak some to my taste: Hommus and Tahini https://www.inspiredtaste.net/26901/easy-tahini-recipe/ https://www.inspiredtaste.net/.../easy-and-smooth-hummus.../ INSPIREDTASTE.NET Easy Tahini Recipe – Better Than Store-bought Easy Tahini Recipe – Better Than Store-bought Remove preview

    ReplyDelete
  6. Espn Ren salamat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina Ealdama CamachoMarch 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM

    Love hummus....and this sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummmmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neighbor as in family also? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannen Espinosa absent ka kasi last Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! The Post It of 3M was a mistake in adhesive. It’s a good example of a big thing after failure

    ReplyDelete