earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2021

The shower in our ground floor T&B hasn’t been used in years. I remember the last time I tried, water kept squirting in all directions through its valve. A few days ago, I thought of replacing the valve which has been sealed with all sorts including Teflon and rubber tapes. Removing it is a major production that requires the outdoor valve in the main pipe line to be closed. So no water for the meantime.

Bringing the sample valve with me, I went to every hardware and Home Depot store within 5kms radius of our toilet. Nada. The valve isn’t of today’s standard anymore. After spending an entire morning and half-a-tank of gas, I went back home conceding to a future of chipping off a big chunk of the bathroom wall to replace the entire valve assembly.

So replace the old valve I did and re-opened the main valve forgetting the rubber sealants that I initially removed. To my surprise, there was no leak! And the shower worked! Right there and then, I showered with all my clothes on in celebration. Miracle in toilet no.1.

Not everything rendered useless before may not necessarily remain useless forever. Including old ideas. And human brains.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

4 comments:

  1. Kudos! Well done engr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Miracles happen daily and at times when we least expect it! He is a God of surprises after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina Ealdama CamachoMarch 13, 2021 at 9:02 AM

    The plumber in you shone today

    ReplyDelete
  4. This old man uses balde & tabo save the planet

    ReplyDelete