earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

My skin is showing its true color. I mean, literally its state of decay -afterall, this is over half-a-century old. Our daughter, Nikkei, who can be a spokesperson for Korean skin care industry, suggested that my wife and I, use moisturizing products after shower and before sleeping to somehow conceal the obvious: my 61-year old skin and my wife’s, err, skin (I still value my existence here on earth). But who are we kidding? I don’t think that there are products out there, no matter how expensive and how difficult to pronounce, will magically transform these good-for-wineskins covers into TV-commercial grade.

But we do it anyway. Everyday. And when we touch each other’s hands after, it makes us feel better thinking our skins are soft and supple, if only for a few minutes until the scent disappears. This is one of them things when you say: Be content and making the most with what you have. Yep, skin, hair, liver spots, bald spots inclusive!

I raise this cup to wisdom years. Cheers! #mycafenotes

2 comments:

  1. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ongMarch 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    I think i need that korean skin product

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I’m ageing gracefully

    ReplyDelete