earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Two days ago, my daughter Nikkei received an email she wrote to herself 5 years ago using an app where you set the time when to receive every letter you wrote. In it were her thoughts about her life then as a student, her outlook into the future and many useless products of her 18-year old imagination. She started with a greeting, "Annyeong!" That was the year she started with her Korean transformation. Ain’t that cool?

Actually, this is one of the reasons why I write daily reflections. This’ll serve as the chronicle of my life that I can look back on 5 or 55 years from now. Memories that one twisted-minded like me would normally do not remember. Stuff that my grandchildren’s grandchildren may read about if the English we write and speak now would still exist by then. They will have stories to tell their kindergarten classmates about their not so great great-great grandfather’s recorded mistakes and how he managed to rise and fall again from them. And wrote and laughed about them, too.

I’ve also kept a copy of most of the letters I wrote when I was still working in Saudi. Some hilarious, others hilarious. I might write about some of them in this platform. If I don’t forget.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

14 comments:

  1. Andre Christer Espinosa Nikkei Espinosa apo na daw gusto ni tito Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaymee hard pass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Time capsule perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reng David-MorelosMarch 20, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    Why not publish a book on your coffee cup reflections?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reng David-Morelos I'll ponder upon that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina Ealdama CamachoMarch 20, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    Espn Ren or start with writing a blog...and see how it goes from there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina Ealdama Camacho I do. https://drekkiekki.blogspot.com DREKKIEKKI.BLOGSPOT.COM What About Now? What About Now? Remove preview

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reng David-Morelos i also said this to Espn Ren ... May client na sya with me. For sure will buy the book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ate Reng David-Morelos , I totally agree with you. Espn Ren , your reflections have all the ingredients of a bestseller - wit, humor, depth and life lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina Ealdama CamachoMarch 20, 2021 at 9:09 AM

    Espn Ren oh wow...I'll look into this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks very much. I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reng David-Morelos I’ll definitely buy that book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Espn Ren classmate , go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arlene Abando-CadeliรฑaMarch 20, 2021 at 9:13 AM

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete