With mercury rising to upper mid-30s, I decided to wake up early last Saturday for my weekend run. The sun was still hiding behind thick clouds lining the horizon when I stepped out of the house. At 28 degrees, that morning’s temp was North Pole compared to the heat that would soon explode by breakfast time.
The thing about this time shift is you get to see different, meet different. Most of the afternoon runs I’ve done were replays. Reruns, for better appropriation. Same things, same view, same people doing the same things. This time, it’s new running mates, new faces of people insane enough to wake up that early on weekends -in a pandemic, too! At mornings, there is nothing awkward for rational animals nodding heads when crossing paths because smiles are unseen behind masks.
Another plus is a good measure of vitamin D at the bottom end of the run when the sun has finally escaped the clouds and the trees. I thought I hopped and frolicked my last laps in joyful jog enjoying the sunshine.
After the run, I’ve got so much time in my hands, I even I even prepared breakfast while the queen, the prince and the princess of my palace were still…, still. In bed. Still. I didn’t mind.
Here’s to thinking different. Doing different.
Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

No comments:
Post a Comment