earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

I don’t mind having service or repairmen do the cleaning and repair jobs at home and for the car. It’s my way of helping others who are better than me in doing their craft. Doing them myself, sure, can save me money but not time. And doing them myself also means taking their livelihood away from them. Not entirely, but sort of. Same principle I keep and push for at work. When giving seminars to architects and engineers, I’m always asked the question: What’s the common lighting mistake that designers commit? My answer: Not asking lighting designers do the job. I practice what I preach.

But these are difficult times. I mean, who allows strangers into his household this days? A cuckoo monster.

And so one day, our living room split-type A/C was running a fever and leaking profusely. Chuck out the idea of having it serviced by our ’suki’. This job is our internship to a Youtube course Andre and I took. Good thing I have a good neighbor -my brother, Fred, to guide us after having DIY’d his similar unit days before.

And so -again, I took out the good ol’ power washer. Jet a bit here and jet a bit there. Careful not to spray parts that get hot. An absolutely wild, wild wet living room we got after the fact. But clean, cold dry air blew out of the diffuser right after. Winter time in the living room. Another DIY success!

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

3 comments:

  1. Reng David-MorelosMay 5, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    And you and Andre gave great tips for Hermie to be able to DIY our a/c too when it was dripping profusely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaaaah!!!

    ReplyDelete