earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

“Mind over body” used to be my mantra when running. Not anymore. After kms and kms that I’ve covered over the last 3 years, I’ve finally discovered what drives my legs: it’s “mind over mind.” To be more accurate, positive mind over the negative mind.

Recently, I’ve been tracking my mental behavior towards conquering myself. At the start of every run comes the feeling of tiredness and fatigue. But when I look at the vitals that my techie watch records at every run, they don’t agree with the feelings: 135bpm (heart rate), over 6mins per km speed. These tell me I shouldn’t be tired yet. I don’t feel any muscular pain whatsoever. I am not panting, either. My conclusion: it’s all in negative side of the mind that tells me I’m already tired even if I’m not.

One run day, I intentionally ran without checking my watch or tap it at every lap. There was no way for me to know how long or how far I’ve gone. I just kept running ’til the sun was no more. At the end of it, I ran longer and farther than my usual without the familiar fatigue.

I got the better of myself.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment