earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

What’s a ๐™›๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™? I had no idea that such a word existed. The first time I heard of it, my mind was seeing a farm tractor made by Ford Motors. It was my son, Andre, who introduced me to one. He had been in one and wanted us to see and experience one as well.

When he started booking a tour for us: my family, my beautiful wife’s beautiful sister and her very handsome husband, my definition of ๐™›๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™ became that of 'excitement and of thrill.' Of 'I-couldn’t-wait-for-the-day-to-come' feel. I was so excited, I dashed to the toilet 10x everyday up to the day. My wife alternated with me.

Then the big day came. The booking included a cruise and buffet lunch. And our confirmation papers indicated the same. But when we lined up for food while the purser checked our names on her list, she said that lunch was not included. My definition of ๐™›๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™ dropped to 'humiliation, disappointment and hunger.' So instead of buffet, we had to buy sandwiches and bottled drinks to feed our tummies.

While most of the tourists were having lunch at the dining level, we shotgun’d our place at the deck. Ha! We all thought. We had the time of our lives shooting the best selfies ever. Right at that time, ๐™›๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™ became 'wow, beautiful and breathtaking!'

When we got back to our Airbnb, Andre had to call Klook, our online bookers for a refund of our meals. And for a little reprimand also. I told him to raise his voice just a little higher than his sister’s to show disappointment. Somehow, it worked because the end result: they were very much apologetic, so apologetic that they refunded the entire booking! Right at that time, ๐™›๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™ morphed into 'a most exhilarating, exciting and fantastic cruise for FREE!'

Some things can be unknown and undefined at first. But just wait, they can transform into the best that they can be for you. ๐˜Š๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข ๐˜ด'๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฆ!

To the yet unknown, I raise this americano. Cheers! #MyCafeNotes #milfordsound

8 comments:

  1. Gina Ealdama CamachoFebruary 24, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    I love happy endings....fjords and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby Morelos-DequitoFebruary 24, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    Best things in life are free! Ha! Thanks to the sister that helped Andre increase a crescendo his voice to reprimand klook rep! You’re the Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on! Keep the alternating scheds with the wife too. It helps when you're dual citizen na. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first encountered the word in Grade 7 but some 15 years ago I experienced the real thing while driving from Oslo to Bergen. So serene looking and a sight to behold. Parang ang sarap mag pray and meditate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oland David winter time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed that was a lovely cruise made even lovelier with the beautiful family we took it with. And what made it even “more lovelier” - it was free ! Wish we can do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reng David-Morelos kapit lang. Lapit na.

    ReplyDelete