It is not easy being vegetarian especially when the rest of the family isn’t. When the strong aroma of ๐ด๐ช๐ฏ๐ช๐จ๐ข๐ฏ๐จ ๐ฏ๐ข ๐ฉ๐ช๐ฑ๐ฐ๐ฏ or ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฐ๐ฃ๐ฐ๐ฏ๐จ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฏ๐ฐ๐ฌ or ๐ต๐ข๐จ๐ข๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ฃ๐ช๐ด๐ต๐ฆ๐ฌ fills the house, it’s telling me what I ๐๐ผ๐ป’๐ have for dinner. Instead, dark green leaves, light green leaves and just-right green leaves are waiting for me everyday. My side dish: small dark green leaves, small light green leaves and small just-right green leaves. And oh, rice, too. Fantastic and cruel, yes, but it’s a choice I made after undergoing angioplasty nearly 4 years ago. Sometimes I eat fish, too. Being in a country that’s not-so-vegan friendly is doubly tough for me especially when we go out to eat. I can only go to restos that serve dark green… -y’know the drill.
But starting tomorrow, this will change. Yep. Because tomorrow, I will no longer be vegetarian -alone. The entire family will join me in munching grass for the entire season of Lent which starts tomorrow. So for lunch tomorrow, it’s…-y’know the grill, I mean the drill.
The family is excited because it’s a challenge to do meal plans esp these days. FB Vegan groups come in handy. We’ll find how much our love relationship will last during this period of abstinence knowing that insatiated palates and tummies may cause temper issues, if you know what I mean.
Today, being ๐๐ข๐ต ๐๐ถ๐ฆ๐ด๐ฅ๐ข๐บ, my family will roast a whole calf in the driveway. It will be stuffed with 3 chickens, pork bellies, crabs and lobsters. Everyone is invited -if you can pass thru the driveway!
Happy ๐๐๐ง๐๐ ๐๐ง๐๐จ! Cheers!
#MyCafeNotes

Good luck Rissa, Andre, and Nikkei in your Lenten sacrifice to be one with Rene.
ReplyDeleteWe did it last year. We hope we can survive it again.
ReplyDeleteRissa Espinosa that’s a good way of actually doing Lenten sacrifice. You have support from each other. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteRissa Espinosa I suppose you shed heaps of kilos doing this
ReplyDeletePatricia Ramos that’s the good part.... losing weight without exercise
ReplyDeleteI really hope I shed a lot of weight from this. Good for the body & the soul.
ReplyDeleteSurely may burong hipon o isda s tabi ng gulay! Pwede rin alige ng talangka!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Rissa Espinosa , Andre Christer Espinosa and Nikkei! Kayang- Kaya .. and then ituloy na! Di ba Ren Espn !!!
ReplyDeleteChelle Crisanto i know. I wish.
ReplyDeleteWell I used to whine before because I chose to be a vegetarian but now my body doesn’t crave for meat anymore. I enjoy beans, beans and beans plus greens and yellow and purple veggies and tofu and tempeh and hummus
ReplyDeleteElmer Montemayor good for you, classmate. Am sure you’ve got much to choose from. It’s a bit limited here.
ReplyDeleteThou art brave souls, Rissa, Andre and Nikkei. I am sure God will honor your sacrifice.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea to do on lenten season! I envy you for doing this, mate
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Balitaan mo ako, ateng Rissa!
ReplyDeleteIra, good luck to us Balitaan kita.
ReplyDelete