earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2021

I am re-posting an article I wrote for Didache, a Daily Bible Gospel Reflection guide published in 2018. I’m sharing it here because there’s a part II to this story:

๐ผ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘’๐‘™ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘€๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐ป๐‘œ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐ฟ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜, ๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–, ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐น๐‘Ÿ. ๐‘€๐‘œ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘  ๐ถ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘”๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘‘๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘› โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ . ๐ป๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘“ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘œ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘๐‘›’๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ข๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ. ๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘‘๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ, ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘œ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ. ๐ผ๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘›’๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘๐‘œ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š ๐‘Ž ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘Ž ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘˜. ๐ผ๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘œ. ๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘™๐‘“ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ฃ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘”, ๐‘ ๐‘œ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜, ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘“๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘’, ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘™๐‘‘, ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐บ๐‘œ๐‘‘.

๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘”!

๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘›, ๐‘–๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘’, ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘œ. ๐ป๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐ผ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ก๐‘œ? ๐‘‚๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก, ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘›, ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘๐‘™๐‘’, ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ฆ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘”๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐ผ ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘‘?

๐‘Š๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘๐‘’? ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘“ ๐ผ ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›? ๐‘ƒ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›, ๐ฝ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘ . ๐ผ’๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ.

About a year after its publication, I got a message in Messenger asking if I was the one who wrote the article. She’s the star in my story! Her name is Arlene Dayrit. And the song, “Out of Roads” by Veepee Pinpin. Check it out: https://youtu.be/dj7M_-sgrJA. Warning: make sure you’re not driving when you listen.

Small world, I say. Cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment