The 70’s song 𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙉𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 was a favorite of mine to sing and play on my guitar when I was a HS freshman. It’s the melody, I think that got me hooked because I didn’t actually know then the meaning of the lyrics. But there was a part of the song that even when I strum it on the guitar, I wouldn’t sing:
𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘥
𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥
𝘔𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭
-simply because I didn’t want these words to come true for me. Weird, I know but I was just 12 years old who can’t bear think about parents dying, much less sing about it.
But they did. Eventually. And to put it in the words of the song:
𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘥
𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥
𝘔𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭.
With no parents to go to, it sometimes saddens me to think that I couldn’t be a child to anyone on this planet anymore. That no matter how old I got, I’d still be a kid to. Always understood. Always appreciated.
With no parents to run to, no more making 𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 to someone who looks at me with love as his or her son. No more "𝘐𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘨, 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘭𝘴" or "𝘛𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘹 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴."
I wonder if God made kids love their parents naturally for them to have a grasp of a love that is bigger and stronger than anyone on earth can give -perfect in every way. Will not fail. Will not falter. Can run to always.
This season of grace, I will use all my tricks to make 𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 to my God who alone can love me like that. After all, I am forever His child. Even if I don’t have my earthly parents with me anymore, I’m never alone, naturally!
Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

I feel you bro. It's my Nanay's 9th day today.
ReplyDeleteNoli Vicedo thinking of you...
ReplyDeleteSame here....No longer having our earthly parents makes us open up and cling even more to God
ReplyDeleteOur parents will always have a special place in our hearts, a niche specially carved out for them.
ReplyDeleteWe will always miss our parents no matter how old we are... beautiful reflection, Espn Ren
ReplyDelete