earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

To be young again, that would be the day. A new romcom KDrama "18 𝑨𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏" that we’ve been watching lately gets me into this frame of thinking. And last weekend gave me the chance to be it -I climbed a tree.

The last time I climbed one was when my children were still toddlers and I was in my youthful 30++. That day didn’t end without bruises in my arms after a misstep, gravity and friction conspired to pull me down slowly against the branches. Can another 20++ years of wisdom subdue desires for vertical challenges? If last weekend was a measure, then No!

The wife wanted fresh guava fruits, there was a fruitful guava tree, and a pole - if that’s not an opportunity presenting itself before me, then I can do side part with my blonde hair. Most of the good fruits were clustered at an elevation twice the sum of my height+arm length+pole. Climbing was necessary so climb I did. No worries there since I’ve harnessed enough upper and lower body strengths with my regular exercises. I wasn’t exactly beyond gravity range when I reached the highest branch I could rest my feet on, but it felt good to be on top of the world. I was 30++ again -just words to that effect. The harvest was plentiful: about 2 dozen crunchies. The wife is happy.

Age won’t hold you back if you won’t allow it.

Cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

3 comments:

  1. Exactly! Feel young , its free!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramon Monteclaro SawitFebruary 15, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri Mendoza TorresFebruary 15, 2021 at 9:02 AM

    Pwede na sinigang sa bayabas. Bulanglang in Kapampangan

    ReplyDelete