earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

"Commercial pilots blame pandemic downtime for in-flight mistakes." No surprise to this CNN news reported yesterday cos even if I don’t fly a plane, my driving, too, got a bit rusty lately. And yep, my neighbors, too. Twice during this lockdown, my neighbor miscalculated his turn and hit my car. I got involved in an accident shortly before Christmas when an 18-wheeler rammed into my side hitting two doors. They all paid dearly for the damages but not for the inconvenience they brought me. And the precious time and hair I’ve lost. Shouldn’t insurance companies consider these as settlement items, too? Unfair, ain’t it?

Anyway, I felt it. Even if I had been driving for about 40years already, the downtime has somehow affected my reflexes. I felt it in my butt, too. Sitting in traffic for a long time is so unnerving⁵. It’s like I’ve never been into one a thousand times before in Edsa. Heck, even wearing shoes for longer than an hour feels weird already! So yeh, I feel you pilots. Go get that refresher training.

There are things to learn, re-learn and unlearn before going back to what was usual. The status quo has been revised. It’s not just you, it’s also everyone around you. It’s not the same anymore:

The way you touch something esp your face;

The way you eat, and speak to and greet others;

Even the way you do your no.1 and no.2 in the comfort room.

Getting too comfortable may get you in trouble. Take it from me -I had to learn it the hard way.

I raise this cup to everyone’s safety. Cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what the “usual” will be after this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete