earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Third time ain’t a charm! Being the handyman in the house, I get to take charge of repairs and, hold your breath - buying tools (like a happy 6-year old child ...la-di-dah.) The toilet lavatory has been leaking once in every other while. If you do reverse mathematics, that’s too frequent for comfort in a comfort room.

Geared with a pipe wrench and sealant, I tried with all my dancing might. Fail.

Next, add in a 3-in-1 cordless Bosch drill and a wire stripper in Lazada mint condition. Same result. What rhymes with pail?

Finally, include an arsenal of electronic measuring devices. Big time fail.

Exhausted pretending after the third, I humbly accepted the fact that I am handsome but not a plumber. So enter our village all-around guy. After just a few precision wrench moves, the job was done. He took P500 and half my self-worth. I raise this cup to him and those like him.

Today, better leave it to the pros and make the first work like a charm.

8 comments:

  1. Cheri Mendoza TorresDecember 20, 2020 at 9:00 AM

    You’re so like your Pareng Noli M. Torres! Lots of success, some fails but lots of buy tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri Mendoza Torres ‘kaw naman, pagbigyan nyo na kami. Pag ganireng idad na, ito na toys namin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri, 9.9 to 12.12 got him so excited especially when the delivery man comes knocking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Espn Ren yes pareng Rene. Lahat ng possible spaces dito sa condo nilagyan ko ng cabinets. I have a circular saw, planer, power drill, cordless drill, router, sanding machine, grinder.....etc name it ha ha ha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noli M. Torres w w! Papunta pa lang ako jan. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheri Mendoza TorresDecember 20, 2020 at 9:05 AM

    Rissa Espinosa hay nako pareho sila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri Mendoza TorresDecember 20, 2020 at 9:06 AM

    Espn Ren may mga justifications pa yan- ‘my Father’s Day gift to myself’ at kung ano-ano pa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheri Mendoza Torres siempre, alangan naman kung "my Mother's day gift to myself" Good job, pareng Noli!

    ReplyDelete