earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2020

The barista left early to play Christmas golf with the cousins and uncles. I decided not to go simply because I didn’t want to make a fool of myself. This means am on my own in pulling my shot today. No problem. I’ve learned to do tasks by myself as early as when I was only 50 years old.

Once a friend told me he likes buying tools and gadgets because, "Imagine all the projects I cannot finish with these!" he excitedly told me showing off his new acquisitions. He taught me a good lesson:

Before you start something, make sure you can finish it -by yourself. Whether it’s baking a cake, rotating the tires of your car, writing an article or burning a bridge. It’s good when someone has your back but don’t fizzle out when there’s none.

I raise this cup to independent folks. Like me. Sometimes. Cheers.

#MyCafeNotes

1 comment: