I’ve always been accused of zoning out during family conversations. There was this ONE time when during a road trip to Bataan, my family claimed they asked we drive by Starbucks for breakfast. Just when we drove past the gas station where the cafe was, they were wondering why I didn’t pull up.
Me: "You should’ve told me ahead of time!" I argued.
Response: "Yes, we did! Many times over!"
But...
Last night, driving home from a visit to relatives, I recalled a dating story that my daughter told us also in the car more than a year ago that not even the mommy could remember. My daughter was muted by my detailed recollection and cried in disbelief. Not guilty here, your honor.
Fathers don’t normally participate in trivial chit-chats. We just have more important things to think of and process in our less complex brains. Like breakfast and this cup of coffee.
Truth is, I don’t remember not remembering at all. The Starbucks story? It’s a family conspiracy.
It ain’t Father’s Day yet but I raise this cup to us, misaccused and all.

True that, Tito Net! We just have to trust that you are there when it’s most important! Lol!
ReplyDeleteI can't find an icon to match, so here ...
ReplyDelete...
ReplyDeleteThat’s cool
ReplyDeleteMeh
ReplyDelete