earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

You must greet me a happy anniversary today. It’s been four years since a foreign body that I have never seen and will never see -a minuscule stent- was inserted into the left arterial part de mi corazon. Doctors call it an angioplasty. I call it a very expensive procedure. It was placed there due to an 80% blockage in that artery. Due to the buildup of cholesterol plaque. Due to stressful living and eating Big Macs and Jollibee Champs. Due to a massive lack of discipline. And it will be there for the rest of my exciting existence.

I am thankful. I haven’t had a bite of any kind of meat since. During the first year, I went vegan and later, vegetarian. I am thankful, I get to learn to practice a less stressful living, enjoying life as it comes and goes, taking delight in every stride I take when I run, knowing how to relish drinking coffee one sip at a time.

Like this one. To the God who gives life, and life in its fullness, I raise this cup.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

44 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your health... Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojang Aguas thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oland David thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy heart anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J De Guzman thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ramon Monteclaro SawitJune 30, 2021 at 9:08 AM

    Take good care of your heart . Let’s live one day at a time, enjoy life as it is. Stay happy and healthy bro. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ramon Monteclaro Sawit thanks classmate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Celebrating life with you. Cheers. Thank You Lord

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noli Vicedo cheers. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA, keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lydia Vicente thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vicky C. Ortiz thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kilala ko yung cup na yan. Pero ako wala nyan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tommy Lara laki discount ko dito

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tommy, pabili ka sa Deus

    ReplyDelete
  20. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hermie Morelos Amen. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda Sto Domingo thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cheers to more happy anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Malene Bunag thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rolly A. Santa CruzJune 30, 2021 at 9:27 AM

    Let's do everything in moderations bro. Now I realize how important veggies are in our daily meals. Still able to enjoy both meat and veggies though ... TC mga classmates

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rolly A. Santa Cruz You're right. Enjoy dapat.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stay healthy!!!! CHEERS to more years of healthy eating!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amen. Thanks, pare.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stay safe and healthy bro. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  31. Victor Pong PilapilJune 30, 2021 at 9:33 AM

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Anniversary and stay healthy!!! God bless and take care

    ReplyDelete
  34. To many more years of good living! And to more sips of coffee! Tenor

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gina Ealdama CamachoJune 30, 2021 at 9:38 AM

    Such a blessing to be given another lease in life . God is soooo good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gina Ealdama Camacho Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Josephine Izon ValdepenaJune 30, 2021 at 9:40 AM

    Happy anniversary Kuya Net! Keep safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Josephine Izon Valdepena thanks insan.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mila Caspe thanks

    ReplyDelete