earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

I always think of myself as a salesman. Tho an engineer by profession involved in power plant design at first and later ventured into lighting design, I sell myself and the craft I am good at. Along the selling way, I must have met thousands, if not a trillion and three people. Some became close friends, most I’ve met only once or very few times. I wonder if they still remember this sweet-talking handsome guy they’ve encountered at least once in their lives. Maybe not.

This thought crossed my mind this morning when I received the sad news that the mother of my son’s Elem School classmate -now based in iIoilo -died yesterday. Age may have inhibited memory recall but I can't remember meeting her more than three times. But in all those times that I can, I remember a gentle soul, one with a happy disposition despite life’s difficulties. Her character, during those brief encounters, left a lasting mark on mine that I try to make good of every meeting I do -giving a genuine smile or making a silent blessing. This was what she probably did, blessing everyone she met.

Here’s to you, o blessed friend, and to the many you have touched.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

1 comment:

  1. Maica, Janssen & Justine, will forever remember how gentle your Nanay was.

    ReplyDelete