earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Dear 𝘛𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨,

You loved coffee more than soda or water. I still remember the 𝘽𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙠𝙤 coffee grounds that 𝘐𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘨 would boil in a metal pot where you’d dip your cup in or pour directly into a thick-walled clear glass. It didn’t matter how many times those grounds have been boiled before, the carabao milk and the sugar would always fix the flavor. Then came instant coffee. That, too, you loved. Blend 45 or Nescafe that came with their iconic reusable glass containers -tall with ribbed bottom design for the former and short with diamond cut design for the latter. I can still remember the aroma they brought as we prepared for school every morning.

I won’t say that my love for coffee now started then because I wasn’t a coffee drinker ’til after college. Or probably it did but the seed took time to grow, so to speak. But even then, it’s you that I am reminded of whenever I drink a cup that your grandson Andre prepares for me everyday. Oh, I doubt you’d love Andre’s espresso -they’re too strong for your instant 3-in-1 taste. Maybe a cortado or a flat white will suit you just fine. I’m just guessing. I wouldn’t know now.

I raise this 𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯 today with you in my heart and mind. Remembering the days you sipped your hot morning cup, one foot resting on the chair, thinking of how to make ends meet for the day.

Happy Father’s day in heaven, 𝘛𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨. Enjoy St. Joseph’s and St. Peter’s brew. They taste heavenly, don’t they?

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

6 comments:

  1. Gima Solano MendozaJune 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    Wow! You still remember the glass bottles designs? Doon ako natuwa. Have you had your Pfizer?meron yata sa Esteban or WM North EDSA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ira Marie Panerio SolJune 20, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    So beautiful! Happy Father's day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramon Monteclaro SawitJune 20, 2021 at 9:02 AM

    Cool tribute to your tatang (dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramon Happy Father's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to you and Tatang and to all the fathers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noli Vicedo Happy Father's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete