earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The lighting design firm that I’ve been running for ten years now got off on the wrong foot. To be more precise, the wrong shoe. I was called to a design brief with the architects and designers for my first mall project with one of the biggest developers in the country. I took off early not wanting to be late -no second chance to a first impression, they say. Cut to the chase, I had to switch cars because the first one I took off with was banned that day (number coding system). I always drive with a driving shoe (singular). With the switch, I forgot the shoes -keeping the driving shoe on one and the meeting shoe on the other.

Those in the elevator with me noticed them before I did. They just stared, I kept my composure. They probably understood my situation. I mean, put yourself in my shoes, right?

During the meeting, I took the right steps in making that first impression. The shoes didn’t play a role. The deal was signed.

Symmetry, uniformity, color combination -they may do well in helping start a business, but not always. Right attitude and good planning -these do always.

That was the start of my business and that client became my biggest.

I raise this cup and sing, "We’ve got it all for you."

20 comments:

  1. Noli Vicedo Yes. Happiest Christmas, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marites Espinosa TalagDecember 22, 2020 at 9:02 AM

    You nailed it broRen,God bless Toespin Lighting Design Consultants with more projects in the future.God is good all the time Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marites Espinosa Talag thanks for being our prayer warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramon Monteclaro SawitDecember 22, 2020 at 9:04 AM

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramon Monteclaro Sawit thanks, Ramon, for keeping in touch. Merriest Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramon Monteclaro SawitDecember 22, 2020 at 9:06 AM

    Espn Ren merry Christmas too and regards to the family. Hope next year when it is back to normal, we could all meet for a cup of coffee with our MIT classmates and friends. Noli M. Torres, Rolly A. Santa Cruz, Edwin Santillan and others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramon Monteclaro Sawit let’s pray for it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. U failed to mention that wearing an odd pair helped!!! U must hv missed it all along, GOD has a good sense of humour! Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lydia Vicente oo nga, He does!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina Ealdama CamachoDecember 22, 2020 at 9:11 AM

    It was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina Ealdama Camacho agree thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina Ealdama Camacho Merriest Christmas to your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheri Mendoza TorresDecember 22, 2020 at 9:14 AM

    Ang galing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheri Mendoza Torres thanks, mare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shoes or no shoes, the die is cast! ... kaya nga 'you've got it all for them'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. whoah, "I've got it all...?" Di pa naman. Thanks, ate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cristina Sanchez GalvezDecember 22, 2020 at 9:18 AM

    Congratulations for ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cristina Sanchez Galvez Thanks.

    ReplyDelete