earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

"No reflections yesterday?" my wife asked me this morning just when I was pondering what to reflect on.

"I wanted my readers to miss me," I answered.

I am dreaming of this to happen, of course, but I don’t think that any of my readers -all 7 of them noticed the great void in their morning routine. Or evening routine for those across the Atlantic (I wish, right?).

My wife laughed, of course.

She’s still laughing now.

We might have to call an ambulance. She’s still laughing.

But I can dream, can’t I?

I dream that this pandemic is just a dream.

I dream that I get to travel again in 2021.

I dream that I get to finally use that black, shiny ACE comb I’ve been keeping all this time. Still in mint condition.

Hoping for a miracle to happen.

I raise this cup to dreamers. Like me. All the time. Cheers.

#MyCafeNotes

9 comments:

  1. Cheri Mendoza TorresDecember 29, 2020 at 9:00 AM

    Let’s keep dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing out loud for a good 5 seconds that Jay had to ask me "What's so funny, Ma?" And yes, I missed having to read yesterday's reflection. I must be one of the faithful 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky C. Ortiz awww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your reflections... Yup I must also be one of the magnificent 7 too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jojang Aguas haha, you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers! Yes let's keep on dreaming. When hope is gone, what is left. No dreams, no hope, no wishes? No life. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chelle Crisanto agree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to the mint condition Ace and to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noli Vicedo happy new year to the Vicedos!

    ReplyDelete