What goes well with the early Sunday morning rain? Spicy ramyeon and my hungry tummy -and thoughts of good ol’ days. When I was a kid, my mother would serve Royco noodle soup or Lelot Balatong that only kapampangans like me would crave for in this rainy weather. I miss those days of innocence and of going commando while playing patintero with the ‘hood kids. Me and the boys were dribbling balls even when basketball wasn’t the game. Those days when the only business at hand was having fun and having your name hollered out for lunch or dinner. When five centavos -that’s 5 small coins in your palm, would get you through recess.
It’s different now, of course -yes children, I know, right? It just feels good to look back on those stuff we carved out of time.
I raise this cup to them days. Cheers.
#MyCafeNotes

I love Royco soup... It warms my heart when I think about it... Reminds me of my Mom...
ReplyDeleteJojang Aguas oh dba? Now it’s Knorr. I knorr, right?
ReplyDeleteEspn Ren I knorr, right (very witty ) Altho I think iba pa rin yun Royco... Parang mas masarap.. or is it because it's my Mom who serves it kaya mas masarap..
ReplyDeleteyup, it's all in the serving.
ReplyDelete