earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

I got a birthday greeting from a high school classmate that none of my five-and-a-half senses have detected from since graduation. Hands down, he was one of ’em good & smart guys in the batch. I, too, was one, according to my mother. One what? Ask my mother!

"One of the good-looking." Mother, stop!

So now we 'interface’ -a most fitting description for PMs, SMSs & ROFLs in this age of acronyms. And in less than 10 sentences, he was able to narrate his life after that night of disposable camera flash bulbs up to this modern pandemic. Me, I just sent him the url of my website that tells all. LOL!

But ain’t it a treat to hear from an equally old classmate after all these time? My wife agrees, too. Like a fill-in-the-blanks pop quiz in history, you get to answer one and you look up the old dilapidated ceiling of your classroom and mutter silently, "yes!"

I raise this cup to you, ol’ classmate.

3 comments:

  1. Espn Ren hahah, that was good classmate! If you write a book, I’ll be the first one to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elmer Montemayor haha. In my daydreams. But thanks.

    ReplyDelete