The anatomy of my run.
I decided to title my reflection today to describe the route that I take in my 'hood. Today I feature a person that is always present in every run I take. Her name is Osang or simply Aa-ah. She’s called such probably because she’s deaf and that’s what most people she engages in conversation with hears her say. Yes, say -because she always has a story to tell.
A few runs ago, she was "complaining" about neighbors right across their house who were seen moving out. Her hand gestures and her lips tell a story of disapproval of the neighbors’ move. The reason is beyond the comprehension of an old man gasping for breath. In response, I just raise my arms and shrug my shoulders to signify, "You know, Aa-ah, it’s their business to move out. Maybe they have a valid reason to decide to leave. Let’s just be happy for them and move on with our own lives without them." Gestures to that effect.
In yesterday’s run, she played hide-and-seek with my wife who was also out doing her usual walk. Aa-ah hid behind a car parked along the route and jumped out of my wife’s way for the surprise. Ain’t she funny?
Everyone has a story to tell that if we just put in a little consideration, a little patience, a little time like to a waiter or a public servant or a jeepney driver or an office boss who sometimes rouse your ire, then maybe, there’ll be fewer demands for lawyers.
So here’s to you, Aa-ah for spicing up my runs with your stories.
Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

No comments:
Post a Comment