earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Meeting after meeting after meeting. Albeit online, yesterday was one most busy, busy day that it deserves a new word to define it -𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. I use this word when either hectic and stupefying isn’t enough to describe a work day. Before 9am, I was already prepping for the first which ended literally 2 minutes before the next one started. Just enough time to shift my thinking cap from the concerns of one project to another, with a few seconds to spare for a quick shake after a bathroom break. Arms and legs -I meant shaking arms and legs.

While engaged in each one, other clients were texting relentlessly. I am not complaining, though. All in a day’s work for me. This is where God channel His blessings not only to me and my family but also to those who work with me. Thank you meetings. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘪, 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴. 𝘔𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘴, 𝘚𝘦𝘯̃𝘰𝘳 𝘋𝘪𝘰𝘴.

And since this was a Wednesday, it means a run day for me. After all the meetings and mental workouts, a good outdoor physical flex was what I needed. Out of the house/office. Cutoff from work. Breathe fresh air. Build balance. It’s my way of communing with nature.

But just when the last usual "Nothing from my end, thank you" was uttered, it rained hard. But thankfully, only for short. Enough to clean the air and cool the pavement -it was as if Mother Nature was prepping for a meeting with me. I ran 5.27kms in 32mins & 20secs.

Yesterday was, yep, a 𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘰𝘧𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘺!

I raise this cup to a day in the life of a simple man.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

4 comments:

  1. I drink to more productive meetings! And fun runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have more projects to come... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy bee . You’ve been doing this coffee break for a while. How thick is the 1st edition now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri Mendoza TorresFebruary 25, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    Mepagal ku

    ReplyDelete