This thought process is not a product of an idle lockdown-minded brain: I wanna re-purpose my love for photography that’s been in the bin for so many decades. Like a dormant volcano, it’s now spewing ash and steam.
My senses were tickled by a movie I was watching recently whose main character was a budding photographer. While watching, another movie was simultaneously playing in my mind -that of my early years of lugging my SLR around my neck waiting for picture-perfect opportunities present themselves. That inner movie hasn’t stopped since.
This may set me back several months of my retirement funds plus about a dozen drive-thru lunches, I am now saving for a new cam. I can’t wait to get my hands on those ISO and speed dials, the focus ring and the shutter release button with my eye pressed against the viewfinder. I’m as excited now as I was then waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. I have a name for it already: my ๐๐ข๐ฎ๐ฆ́๐ณ๐ฆ๐ฏ.
This journal, albeit irregular in issuance and the volume of pictures that will hopefully fill the memory of my hard drive, will serve as the #MgaKwentoNgLoloKongKalbo to my future grand and great grandchildren. Now, there’s the new purpose!
No selfies. No promises. Just say,
Cheers! #MyCafeNotes #NikonZfc

Cheers!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
ReplyDeleteCheers
ReplyDeleteCheers!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
ReplyDeleteCan’t wait!
ReplyDeleteJust tell me when. I used to work at CameraHaus & Canon. Can give you discount, kahit Pentax or Nikon
ReplyDeleteGima Solano Mendoza wow, thanks Gima. I'll let you know if I've saved enough, haha.
ReplyDeleteCheers
ReplyDelete