earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

That, Then. Now, This

They say, "When it rains, it pours."

I initially didn’t want to write about this for two reasons:

One. I didn’t want my readers to think that this writer has only a few years left writing and breathing. That I am falling apart already. Then you cry because you will miss me. Terribly.

Two. When you’ve got something bothering you with a rhythmic throbbing pain, inspirations find it hard to come by. It doesn’t want me to write about anything else.

Gout. Yep, that’s what it is. Age is really catching up on me despite my 5k runs. Literally and figuratively. My fault really. Last weekend, to celebrate our anniversary, the kids ordered seafood bags with crabs, mussels, clams, shrimps and squid cooked in spicy chili sauce. They came in two large food-grade thick plastic bags. I cheated not only by eating to my tummy’s gluttonous content (I am a vegetarian), but also, and I say this with my head down in shame, I ate with my hands.

Then, to cap the night off, half-a-bag of spicy peanuts while watching Netflix.

So there. Blame it on my kids. But I am a happy man. I am limping. But happy.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

33 comments:

  1. I feel you. I break my cheating once in awhile naman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, something is wrong in that sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pagaling ka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reng David-Morelos thanks. I know I can beat this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ongAugust 10, 2021 at 9:06 AM

    sarap kasi ng seafood, di bale pagaling ka na lang, you will be alright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ong ikr? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ongAugust 10, 2021 at 9:08 AM

    Espn Ren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:09 AM

    Combine pineapple and celery in a blender then drink it. Helps absorb the Purine you have taken from the seafoods. Hope it helps bro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rolly A. Santa Cruz you’ve done it I suppose. I’ll try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:11 AM

    Espn Ren I tried it just as a preventive measure to arthritis …

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ramon Monteclaro SawitAugust 10, 2021 at 9:12 AM

    Rolly A. Santa Cruz is there a measurement for the combination, how much pineapple and celery to blend? Good advise for preventative measure

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:13 AM

    2 1/2 cup fresh pineapple and one whole celery, cut of the root part and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ramon Monteclaro SawitAugust 10, 2021 at 9:14 AM

    Rolly A. Santa Cruz thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:15 AM

    cut intake of coffee, cheese, sardines, tuyo, bagoong, soy sauce, patis , nuts, and mga lamang loob and lamang dagat (crabs, shrimp, squid, high in purine) daming bawal pag meron ka na arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ramon Monteclaro SawitAugust 10, 2021 at 9:16 AM

    Rolly A. Santa Cruz Wala pa naman akong nararamdaman. But wanted to have good eating habit tho. Coffee I love pero Hindi ako nagsasawsawan, e.g. patis et.al. Salamat Sa sharing and will remember your advise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ramon Monteclaro Sawit Rolly A. Santa Cruz ang tatanda na ninyo kasi. (Ako rin pala, atin-atin lang).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:18 AM

    Ramon Monteclaro Sawit moderate lng nmn dapat sa lahat ... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rolly A. Santa Cruz how often do u take the pineapple mix, everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:20 AM

    Espn Ren pwede na 2x a week if you think you have eaten those mga bawal na food

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rolly A. Santa Cruz i will definitely try this. Pa-order na ko sa veggie suki ko now, haha. I'll update you guys on my progress. I go for natural options muna. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rolly A. Santa CruzAugust 10, 2021 at 9:22 AM

    Also good for the heart yun celery if meron hypertension dba...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ramon Monteclaro SawitAugust 10, 2021 at 9:23 AM

    Espn Ren Rolly A. Santa Cruz, dati Pwede kainin lahat, ngayon marami na bawal. Baka Sa susunod bawal na lahat . Let’s stay healthy bros.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gout is horrible and I am pain-intolerant. I can't bear the pain...I have maintenance tablets and thank God its controlled.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gaudi Awid Barr I’d rather go for natural options for now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Espn Ren i did the tablets otherwise I wont be able to work..cos I need to drive to work

    ReplyDelete
  26. Get well soon! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ako may cheat day din .Sarap kasing kumain classmate .lilipas din yan & be well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gima Solano MendozaAugust 10, 2021 at 9:29 AM

    Diyan tayo magaling....sa cheating sA food. ..OK lang tiis ka ngayon

    ReplyDelete
  29. Angelina Robles RhoadsAugust 10, 2021 at 9:30 AM

    Get well soon Rene

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sometimes I would indulge, too. Ang tawag ko dyan "mamatay sa sarap!" I don't care about the consequence, basta happy ako, ayos lang at bahala na ang bukas!!! When I have bouts with joint pains I would just drink 12 to 16 glasses (no joke) of water a day as this helps flush the uric acid from my system. Just like you, I go for natural and what could be more natural than water. Pagaling ka

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vicky C. Ortiz yup, I do the same. 2-3L of water. Thanks

    ReplyDelete