earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2021

I Dream

Dreams are strange brain activities, abstracts I sometimes do not understand.

I still dream about being late for my high school exams.

I still dream that I have long bangs covering the unsightly pimple breakouts on my forehead.

I dream of running but not getting anywhere -trying hard to run faster but my legs won’t move.

I dream of losing brakes while driving and of driving a car so tall I can’t see what’s below. And driving on reverse without brakes.

When I dream of our old house in Bataan which has undergone several changes over many years, the one that I grew up in is always the version I see in them.

I dream of my dear 𝙄𝙣𝙖𝙣𝙜 and 𝙏𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙜 when they were younger, never older.

When I shared about these dreams to others, I found it amusing to know that they, too, dream the same. No, not our old house or my long hair or my parents or my car -their own, silly!

I think most dreams are playbacks of the experiences that shaped us -rounded or linear. It comforts me knowing I am not abnormal after all. Or that there are many of us who are normally off-the-wall.

I console myself with that last thought. And this cup.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes #dreams #iDreamedADream

1 comment: