earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Honeymoon Mishits

Before getting into the steamy details, let me bore you first with this:

"π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘π‘Žπ‘šπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘‘ π‘™π‘Žπ‘ π‘‘ 𝑖𝑛 π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘–π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘€β„Žπ‘–π‘‘π‘’

π‘†π‘œπ‘œπ‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘ 𝑠𝑀𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑦 π‘“π‘™π‘Žπ‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘™π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘ 

'π‘†β„Žπ‘’’𝑠 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’, π‘ β„Žπ‘’’𝑠 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’!' π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘  π‘Ž π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘‘

π‘Šπ‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘π‘œπ‘’π‘‘."

Excerpts from the poem I wrote for my wife on our first year anniversary. I wrote it because no matter how much I try to remember, brain cells will always forget. I didn’t want to forget. In many weddings where I was made to say something to the bride and groom, I always say, "In the future near or far and in between, and you’re lonely, or happy, or angry, or jealous, or horny, think of this day and how you feel today. It will always make a difference. Notches better." I walk the talk.

But I never give honeymoon tips because mine went… never mind.

During our honeymoon in HK, I was keeping score -not the sort that may cross your sanitized mind, but of the number of times my bride went to the toilet because of a sick stomach. My engineering calculations were used in the most regretful and lamentable application. I couldn’t even face my chicken dinner.

But I am writing about it because no matter what happened and unhappened, I was with my bride. It was the honeymoon period of our life when the skies were always blue, even if they were not. That time when a fart was gloriously romantic and a burp pleasingly charming. Together, they were melodious.

These days, they may sound pitchy and ill-timed. But I walk the talk. I go back in time to those honeymoon days. And I smile again.

With my beloved, lovely, beautiful bride. That last line -it doesn’t change.

- - - - - -

Happy 27th anniversary, my Doe-a-Dear. I love you dearly.

Your Buck.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

45 comments:

  1. Galing bro. That's typically my bro! Oh and I love the "highs and lows" of your romantic honeymoon. wink wink. Melodic and charming I can imagine MABUHAY! BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 27th anniversary, lovebirds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanj Salamat MapaguAugust 6, 2021 at 9:02 AM

    Happy Anniversary to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gima Solano MendozaAugust 6, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    Tamang -tama....love both of you GIPHY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zaida PastrycreationsAugust 6, 2021 at 9:04 AM

    media1.tenor.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so sweet....Happy 27th Anniversary R&R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ner Bansil ValmadridAugust 6, 2021 at 9:07 AM

    Happy 27th anniversary koya net and ate rissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arlene Abando-CadeliΓ±aAugust 6, 2021 at 9:08 AM

    Tenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arlene Abando-CadeliΓ±aAugust 6, 2021 at 9:09 AM

    Happy Anniversary to both of you Sis Rissa and Bro Espn Ren! from Team CadeliΓ±a

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maricel Buhain MadridAugust 6, 2021 at 9:11 AM

    Happy Anniversary Rene and Rissa! God bless you both

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary, Net & Rissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheri Mendoza TorresAugust 6, 2021 at 9:15 AM

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how sweet!! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zoila Christine DeocampoAugust 6, 2021 at 9:17 AM

    Happy anniversary, Net and Rissa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julieta De Jesus Chi-ongAugust 6, 2021 at 9:18 AM

    Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! More blissful years ahead

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gina Gracia Guevarra ReynoldsAugust 6, 2021 at 9:20 AM

    Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy anniversary to my dear inaanaks, kumpare and kumare, brother and sister, Plend and Plend-in-law! Love it that you keep it so real and lots of fun! May our good Lord continue to bless your marriage and keep you epoxied together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sol MariΓ±as SauraAugust 6, 2021 at 9:25 AM

    Napahalakhak ako! Ang sweet, ang cute, ang weird, ang cheesy! And oh, so lovely! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy 27th, Net and Rissa. Cheers to many more years of blessed togetherness

    ReplyDelete
  26. How sweet & romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A well-written loving and authentic tribute! A blessed anniversary, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Millie Ann T. BordonesAugust 6, 2021 at 9:29 AM

    Happy anniversary! More blessed and wonderful years of togetherness to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ramon Monteclaro SawitAugust 6, 2021 at 9:30 AM

    Happy anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Anniversary, Net and Rissa... may you have many, many more happy and healthy years to come! Cheers! Love your post! As always, it was well written and oh so loving!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks fam and friends. When and if I get to 80yo and these #mycoffeecupreflections are still available online, I would read them all again including all the comments you made. Then I’d ask myself, who’s this person again? Do I know him/her? Then I’d remember -I haven’t brushed my dentures yet. I’ll figure out who this person is tomorrow - if God will still give me another day. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Espn Ren write a book... Compile these delightful coffee cup reflections. It will surely be a great read

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aaaaw. How to be you Bro. You have a gift with words. Happy Anniversary. God bless you both and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Marilou Cabading-UstareAugust 6, 2021 at 9:37 AM

    GIPHY

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very well written reflections...loving and romantic...God bless you both on your two-getherness under matrimonial sacrament...I dont think you will ever forget your honeymoon...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gina Ealdama CamachoAugust 6, 2021 at 9:39 AM

    Happy Anniversary to you and Rissa!!! So good to look back and specifically remember that day, how you felt, the words said...thanks for reminding us about writing down these memories so we can go back again and again without fear that we've forgotten because of age ...now, let me find my journal......

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy anniversary Rene&Rissa.. God bless Froi&Mabet

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jane Medrano VicedoAugust 6, 2021 at 9:41 AM

    I would like to react but then I would I would be the only one! Happy Anniversary Rene and Risa! Keep making fun memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy 27th Anniversary po Kuya Net @ ATE Rissa.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Annette Abad FloresAugust 6, 2021 at 9:44 AM

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete