earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Monday, July 19, 2021

I love my mother tongue which is Kapampangan. It was the language that we spoke in our household and still is when I speak with my siblings, aunts and uncles, and some cousins from both sides of the family. Although ours is what the Pampangueños describe as bastardized because you won’t hear any of the deep old form that OGs from Pampanga speak, nonetheless, I love it and I thought of a way to honor it.

Since my old man passed on nearly two years ago, the old ancestral house is deteriorating fast. It’s no longer a matter of what but when -take it down. Sadly. So sadly. My sibs and our children expressed the same sentiments when I shared the news from our eldest kuya, Boy (Leonido) who took charge of the maintenance. But before that happens, I intend to take pics and vids of the property and write a coffee book about it. In Kapampangan!

I have a volume of memories to write about. So does everyone else. From the time Fred and I were decorating the walls with fresh feces to the time when the second gens loitered about naked.

I will need help in writing because Kapampangan spelling is a major challenge. I’d like the book to be faithful to the real deal. May the Good Lord bless this plan before all the memories get permanently erased from our rotting brains. I raise this cup to this.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

27 comments:

  1. Aro.. lagwa mu! ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelle Crisanto tutû, bayu cu mi pante bitis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pag meyari ya ing book mu dinan mu kung kopya cmate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia Manahan aba, sali ca para magcapera cu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Espn Ren wa sige ,50% discount ne,ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia Manahan haha, it’s a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I raise the cup to this very noble endeavor, sana may English version

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky C. Ortiz magaral cang kapampangan. Sumbung da ca cang darang Dedee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Espn Ren , hahaha! Baka pwede google translate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky C. Ortiz Espn Ren sumbung kang apung nena !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, Ate Chelle Crisanto , wag, baka hilahin ni Lola Nena ang paa ko mamaya, patulog na pa naman ako

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine your finished book. And also visualize the decorated walls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noli Vicedo thanks but it won't be an artsy sight, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will need a real Kapampangan editor, Rene...but its a very noble idea to archive those memories, for qll the next generations to come...God bless and Im wishing the book will become a reality...CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gaudi Awid Barr Thanks. That's very nice of you to say. Writing about it here is actually a way to motivate me to get this done -add a bit of pressure. I will do this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Espn Ren yes Mate!!! You can do it!!! Looking forward to read that book, i do need translator, though...

    ReplyDelete
  17. How I wish I can do what you are doing, maybe when I retire...thats a big MAYBE, depends also what motivation come along...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gaudi Awid Barr You said it yourself: You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Art Manganti PachecoJuly 19, 2021 at 9:19 AM

    Salese na nian... Patunan me keng youtube i kong Reyjay detang tegalugan series na..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Art Manganti Pacheco Iquit ke. Maracal cu a balu. Salamat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Art Manganti PachecoJuly 19, 2021 at 9:22 AM

    Espn Ren paunacan ne i Will Dasovich...taga Mexicu la reng apu na..siping mi lng baryu

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mayap. We did same, video & photo record of majestic home Candelaria, Quezon, before it was swallowed up by commercialization, jollibee et.al. oughta be a law

    ReplyDelete
  23. Take note: C is the letter to use that sounds like K. Ex. Cong Ben, I noticed that in back of old pictures with handwritten dedication by the sender.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Malene Bunag Thanks. I was aware of this. I actually searched for the correct spelling online. Some gave K, some C. I played rock, paper, scissors with my two hands. The K won.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Go for it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete