earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2021

As a student, I amused myself with counting the number of times my teachers or professors say "uhmm" or "well" or "actually" and other adverbs to start or bridge their sentences. At the end of the lecture or class, I then compare notes with classmates. Probably a product of boredom when trying to listen or understand a lesson, I carried this amoral hobby into a habit. A bad one -when I listen to homilies, when I engage in conversations. It even grew worse by also watching out for mannerisms like touching of the nose or brushing off bangs with fingers (envious me, of course) or squinting of the eyes. I took mental count.

The Bible passage "log in your own eye" is lurking here. I couldn’t count the number of times I switched my P’s and F’s with my own family giving me a dose of my own medicine. They are the 𝘀𝘰𝘢𝘯𝘡𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘒𝘳𝘡𝘴 to my misbehaving. The 𝙧𝙑 words I try avoid, too. Instead of world, I say earth. Instead of girlfriend, I say 𝘫𝘰𝘸𝘒. I want to say 𝘴𝘺𝘰𝘡𝘒 but my 𝙨𝙝 is faulty, too.

Oh yes. I see that big log already. I see the misdeeds, too. In my mind, I try to be more 𝘀𝘒𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘭.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

6 comments:

  1. I got distracted too with one priest dati. I count his phrase: "Na kung saan" in his homily. Amusing sharing bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good read as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amusing read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gima Solano MendozaJuly 4, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    While in college, iba naman ang pustahan namin at nakalist pa sa notebook....kung ano ang suit ng Theology instructor namin at nung IE instructor namin....ang Hindi nila alam maaga kasi ako pumapasok para magkita naman kami ng BF KO na morning class kaya nakikita KO na yung 2 instructors namin ...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gima Solano Mendoza and daya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gima Solano MendozaJuly 4, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    Espn Ren hahaha..hindi naman sadya e...nagkataon lang

    ReplyDelete