Aren’t you glad the rain’s finally called it quits? Thunderstorms, too. For the first time in a week, I can see the sun’s rays muscling their way through the last remnants of typhoon clouds. Speaking of stormy weather, when the thunder’s booming and the rain’s crashing down with disastrous intent, communication in my household takes a serious hit.
Case in point…
I rose from my makeshift WFH office to grab a snack from the kitchen. Now, in this household, if you’re in the kitchen at the wrong time, you automatically become "it" when the question, “Who’s gonna do it?” comes up.
Sure enough, before I even set foot in the kitchen, my wife whispers, “Dear, paki-saing.” (Translation: Please cook rice.)
Our daughter’s locked in a high-stakes online meeting, so whispers and miming were the order of the day. Between the rain pounding like mad and my selective hearing, I mumbled, “What, dear?”
"Saing. Sa-ing."
With my ears still processing the queen’s command, I wander into the kitchen like a confused commoner -looking left, looking right, scratching my shiny head like that’s somehow going to help. Then I shuffle back to my wife and, as loud as a whisper allows, ask, “Lacatán or Latundán?”
Yep, blame it on the rain, we’re going bananas!
Down with thunderstorms and online meetings. It’s coffee time.
Rain. Thunder and lightning. Online meetings. Bananas. And coffee.
These are part of what makes life beautiful, even if the sweetness is equal parts bitter.
Silent cheers!

Maklak ka kasi kong Espn Ren Tumun ca! Dalasan mu
ReplyDeleteEspn Ren Yes wives should be treated as "Queen" of the household
ReplyDeleteAru makanyan rin queca mi!
ReplyDeleteOland David Mayap queng bale du. Keni eng queen Ing mutsasa!
ReplyDelete