earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Why does the past always seems to be better when you look back at it than when it did at the time? Childhood days were happier. HS days were more fun. Stomachs were slimmer. Hair was thicker.

Wouldn’t you want to trade every cellulite that extends around the perimeter of your body and under your chinny chin-chin for a minute of those good ol’ days? The innocent nasty misdeeds and laughters so loud you could still hear them?

๐‘†๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘–๐‘๐‘ก๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘™๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘“๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘?

๐‘†๐‘š๐‘–๐‘™๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ?

Yep, a round of ๐‘‡๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘œ with the old neighborhood kids for all my remaining hair. I’ll throw in a pair of running shoes, too.

Don’t we all have a hard drive full of these memories, recent and ancient? Some may have been erased permanently but those that we treasure most surely remain. Every tiniest detail. Unfortunately, even those that hurt us big time -these, too, endure the test of time. But they serve a purpose.

For me, the good ones I recall for the times I need cheering up and to put a smile on my crabby face.

And the not-so-good ones I recall for whenever I find myself in the middle of a mess that appears endless. That this, too, will end up as a memory. That in a few weeks or days or years, I will look back to this problem day and the worry I’ve put heavily into it and laugh at myself at how silly losing sleep over it had been. Also to remind me, "Haven’t you learned your lesson yet?"

Dang, I’m reminiscing again. Must be this cup.

Oh well, as that song goes, ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘š๐‘’๐‘š๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’.

Cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

7 comments:

  1. "Hurry don't be late, I can hardly wait." I said to myself when we're old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noli Vicedo Each time we hear our favorite song, the memories come along

    ReplyDelete
  3. So rushes the Little River.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you are right. I am feeling low so I just dug into my baul of memories... It made me feel better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina Ealdama CamachoJanuary 26, 2021 at 9:04 AM

    Always been amazed that we have this treasure chest of memories that we can draw from and can help us handle our current situation better ...wag lang yung mga masyadong ma-drama at baka maloka ka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ira Marie Panerio SolJanuary 26, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    .. If we had the chance to do it all again Tell me, would we? Could we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memories, pressed between the corners of my mind.

    ReplyDelete