earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Some things just don’t add up. Some of this country’s billionaires are my clients. I’ve even chit-chatted, broken bread and played rock-paper-scissors with some of them. Also Hide ’n Seek during collection days. Shouldn’t that already make me a billionaire, too, smiling next to Oprah and the queen? But. No. Nay. Naw. Negative!

Instead, I feel like 'The Fool on a Hill' singing 'You Never Give Me Your Money.'

But if things don’t add up, what do they do, then?

Being a billionaire isn’t the point of this story. I find contentment in what I have. I mean, for now. But in rubbing elbows with the captains, I also squeeze juice from their thick bright brains:

Amazing that some of them know details of their businesses to the littlest screw;

I saw passion in what they do, putting all the energy they have to attain their purpose;

They see beauty in mundane and simple things. One of them find doing dishes at home as a form of relaxation at the end of a busy day;

All of them are generous in teaching and in helping; and, more importantly,

They don’t forget to give honor to the One who made it all possible for them, their God and Creator.

Some things don’t add up. The lessons I’ve learned, insights and visions -they multiply. I equip myself with such.

I raise this cup to my teachers. There is much more to learn. Cheers.

#MyCafeNotes

5 comments:

  1. Caffeine cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramon Monteclaro SawitJanuary 24, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    Very true, we never stop learning everyday even on simple ways. God bless bro .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s one reason I’d like to rub elbows with you bro. I’ve got so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pls extend my sincerest birthday greetings to Sus Rose. And may God continually bless you. Happy birthday! Gaudi Del Rosario

    ReplyDelete