earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Two nights ago, I dreamt of my dear mother. She appeared to be happy, excited about a coming fiesta in our barrio. Every now and then, she’d appear to me in my dreams. Am sure she knows I miss her.

It was 18 years ago today that I got the call bearing the news I dreaded all my life: that she was gone. This song tells my story like it was:

๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆd ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜บ

๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ

๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ.

๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ

๐˜”๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ

๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

๐˜›๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.

๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ

๐˜ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ

๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ

๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ.

๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, there’s not a single day that I don’t think of you. When you left, you took away with you a part of me that I cannot define. Its shape and form cannot be filled with and by anything here. But I guess that’s how it’s meant to be. That when I get to see you again, I will get that precious part of me back and I will be complete anew. For all eternity.

See you in my dreams. Appear often so I won’t miss you that much. And as you go face-to-face with God, mention our names to Him and we’ll all be okay.

This one’s for you. Happy birthday in heaven. Cheers.

#MyCafeNotes

7 comments:

  1. Marites Espinosa TalagJanuary 27, 2021 at 9:00 AM

    Missing you so much Inang dearest watch over us,kaluguran daca Thanks bro Espn for remembering Inang in your coffee cup reflection today . I remember&love the song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday in heaven po..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Grace de GuzmanJanuary 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM

    Happy Happy Birthday,praying for you abundance in everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lovely memories of a sweet and gentle lady. Imang Ilang is always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been blessed to see her in your dreams. The fact that she is happy is an assurance that she is now at peace with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete