earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Reminiscing about travels is the next best thing to do if travel is restricted. Last night over dinner, we reminisced about our near-disaster adventure 3 years ago.

There were 7 of us with 13 pieces of luggage. 13 because it was winter. But only 4 can carry. We were in a train station on our way to the airport, but on the wrong platform. There was less than 10 minutes before our train leaves 3 levels below us. We miss this train, we miss the flight. We say bye-bye to the next travel plan. Now do the math: how do we get to the train on time?

Solution (short version): Miracle.

Solution (long version): Each of the 4 took as many luggage as possible and wheeled them to the nearest escalator or elevator. Upon reaching one level down, we ran back to get the remaining bags or luggage. Rinse. Repeat. Until the destination platform was reached. There was crying and praying and panting like rabid dogs. The other 3 teleported. Literally a few seconds after the last one got in, train doors closed. That day, we converted to Christianity!

This actually happened 3 years ago –ending our Korean vacation with fireworks. Now we are all laughing about it. Such are stuff that memories are made of.

When timing is not just the best option, when it is the 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 option, that can only be God’s timing.

I raise this cup to adventures! Cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

15 comments:

  1. The other 3 teleported my goodness.... I can just imagine how it felt like then... Enjoyed reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermie Morelos wow??? kasama ka dito, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did Rissa manage to run?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEpay, I didn’t know I could still run. Or maybe it was more of shuffling my feet double time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina Ealdama CamachoJanuary 31, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    I also believe in the "adrenalin rush" in dire situations like this...suddenly you can carry heavy suitcases and run like Superman !!! But I can also feel the big sigh of relief when the train door closed and you all made it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina Ealdama Camacho and then you feel nanghihina when the adrenaline has been used up... Parang James Bond movie nga yun kwento ni Ren Espn ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina Ealdama CamachoJanuary 31, 2021 at 9:07 AM

    Jojang Aguas oo nga. But we can certainly identify with the mishaps and foibles when traveling...no one is exempted ...I'm sure Ren Espn loves na you compared him to James Bond!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina Ealdama Camacho so true... This has happened to me already also ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina Ealdama Camacho Jojang Aguas my name is Bald. James Bald!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina, tama! I think it was the adrenaline rush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jojang, we all fell asleep after the meal on the plane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rissa Espinosa I can imagine... But good memories to look back to

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha relate much

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tere V Collantes the traveller in you! Am sure you have more stories like this to tell.

    ReplyDelete