earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2021

In a gathering of business people, I was asked: "Besides #Toespin, what else do you do?" The question wasn’t meant to ask if I had hobbies like painting picket fences or strummin’ my pain with my fingers or involved in the fight against human trafficking. The question was asked to know if I had other money-making affairs apart from lighting design.

In this dog eat dog world, anything you say may and will be used to advance the interest of the person asking. Or maybe I’m just overreacting and judgmental. Still, I knew I had to play my cards right. After all, this wasn’t exactly a gathering of sheep. But what to say?

Just between you and me, I have a confession to make: I serve in our local parish church, I attend community gatherings but I struggle sharing my faith with other businessmen. Out of fear of being rejected or that lightning might strike. Or maybe just being guilt-ridden, feeling myself unworthy. These stop me. Many times, like this one, I see the opportunity but my courage breaks down. Altho there were times in the past when I’ve mustered enough guts into sharing.

To the question, I responded, "I do reflections."

Cheers!

#MyCafeNotes

18 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your reflections. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malene Bunag thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Espn Ren yong tahimik mo pala prolific sa pen . Hope you remember me . I’m Rissa’s cowsin he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malene Bunag of course! You and T. Linda. We've picked you up several times from your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malene, of course he remembers you

    ReplyDelete
  6. One amazing writer, is what you are, Ren Espn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky C. Ortiz amazing? Don't think so. Handsome, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Espn Ren , sige na nga, pwede na din

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always looking forward to reading your reflections, Tito Rene! Missing you and Tita Rissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen Wi-Bellosillo miss you, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, miss you too and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Austin Go now, this scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Raphael Ian Velasquez EspinosaJanuary 23, 2021 at 9:14 AM

    Solid and profound answer!!! Even the most cheeky person would think twice how to make this answer beneficial for them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raphael Ian Velasquez Espinosa yep! That’s playing the cards right. If they asked, “What do you mean by that?” Siló na sila.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe next time a little bolder

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one great writer! I always look forward to reading your reflections.. "Strumming my pain with his fingers..

    ReplyDelete