I was out for most of the day yesterday visiting clients and doing a walk-thru at a double 15-storey tower project with the owners and other consultants. After scaling the entire building for more than 4 hours, I just wanted to sleep right where I was. In fact, somewhere between the 5th and the 11th floor, I was already thinking of the comforts of home and of my bed, of hearing K-pop played around the house and of hot spicy Korean ramyeon.
During our drive home, and as we got nearer, I saw street people still in the thick and thin of the daily grind. They would probably eat, then sleep right where they were -in the streets. I don’t know if they call it their home. I don’t even know if they have one they call home. The smell of ramyeon that became stronger as we got closer to home quickly faded away.
I got home feeling grateful. More importantly, in that hour-long spin, a message was also driven home like nail to a stubborn skull: "It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do" (John Baptiste Moliere). Sin of omission, ain’t that it?
Moved by what I saw, I pray that I can do more than just that.
I raise this cup.
#MyCafeNotes

media3.giphy.com
ReplyDeleteYes it is a sin of omission...and we are all guilty of it most of the time...how I wish I could do more...
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, there are so manny Blessings we receive the we hardly are aware of or notice...Grace from the Lord! Enjoy your ramyeon!
ReplyDelete