earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Friday, January 22, 2021

An event that happened yesterday made me think about my own death. This is serious. Be seated comfortably as you read.

I was sent to an errand by my wife to withdraw cash from an ATM at a nearby mall. When sent to a task by the missus, what do you do? Obey, of course. One of the richest and most influential persons in the country once told me, "A happy wife is a happy life." One of life’s open secrets. #ladiestagyourhusbands.

The ATM booth was empty. Good, I thought. First things first: spray the entire booth and ATM with alcohol. Then pulled out my ATM card and into the machine. Punched in my PIN and the amount. Result: insufficient fund. Was it the machine that has insufficient fund, or was it my account? But the booth was just beside the bank that I thought it couldn’t have ran out of cash. I tried again but this time I made sure my PIN was correct (*******) and pressed Balance Inquiry. Result: Php 0.00! BP: 200/180! Just like that, my whole life story flashed before me, from black and white to technicolor.

Also flashing in 4K resolution was my own death. My sexy but lifeless body lying in a box. All the money I have earned, the tools I’ve bought online, the car I just buffed with all my might, the 16gB-RAM laptop were nowhere to be seen. All the seemingly 'important’ material things I hold dearly now seem worthless.

But before barging into the bank, I remembered being issued a new card and the one I just used was old. I checked online if the money was still there. It was. BP: 110/70! Silly, silly me.

There must be a lesson in there somewhere.

Here’s to a new paradigm. Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha sanaol sexy body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina Ealdama CamachoJanuary 22, 2021 at 9:01 AM

    It's funny when we panic ...and then insane & weird thoughts kick in ...thankfully, it only lasts for a moment !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Reneeeee!!! My eyes popped out! Question: But what could have it been if you barged in the bank? Answer: Another embarrassment to share, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sol Mariñas Saura You know, I was just thinking about this yesterday. That if I continue to post these reflections, God will have to allow me to experience more to be able to share more. Am scared already. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But please don't put all your money in your ATM account. Just put a reasonable emergency fund in your ATM para to secure your money & your bp & sexy life...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. For awhile there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! You got me there for a while... Suggestion: don't carry around the old ATM card with you. I really love reading your reflections. Parang Netflix, ngayon suspense naman

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always make me smile Net.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love following your reflections, Rene, its like mini series ...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Em Ma Gaudi Awid Barr thanks for ff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cristobelle PanganibanJanuary 22, 2021 at 9:13 AM

    And that's why I'm not getting a missus... ...I have Liam enough to give me a HBP

    ReplyDelete
  12. It comes with the age bro ... hehehe

    ReplyDelete