earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

Space Oddity

As a kid, I don’t remember being asked the standard question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Or maybe I may have been asked and maybe, I’ve answered, "Astronaut” because that was what I wanted to be. The #cosmos filled my juvenile imagination that even when pasturing π˜›π˜’π˜΅π˜’π˜―π˜¨’𝘴 carabaos in rice fields, I entertained my thoughts with riding a space ship and maneuvering through the asteroid belt. Watching #FlashGordon at our cousin’s house after school might have contributed to this fascination.

Even when I was already in college studying billiards and sometimes engineering, I still spent time reading books about astronomy in the library. And through early employment -I gifted myself with a subscription to #NatGeo magazine with my first few salaries hoping that it would feature #Voyager1 and #Voyager2 expeditions. I was disappointed, no space stuff. Never renewed.

During my fist airplane ride out of the country, I thought Saudi was one of the moons of Saturn. I’d work there for just a year which translates to 29 Earth years. That was just fine with me because if I traveled at the speed of light, I would have returned home as a toddler and started over again. If you are confused, think 𝒆=π’Žπ’„².

The farthest I’ve gone 𝘰𝘢𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭π˜₯ is a mere 13kms above sea level. But I’ll get there I know. When that times comes, time and space won’t even matter any longer. I’m not in a hurry, though. This life goes on for me and my cup of coffee.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes #talkingnonsense

2 comments:

  1. Don't rush bro. Hone your Billiard skills now, retired na si Bata

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wish may be a reality... who knows, you can be next https://www.space.com/spacex-launches-inspiration4-civilian-orbital-mission SPACE.COM SpaceX launches four civilians into orbit on historic Inspiration4 flight SpaceX launches four civilians into orbit on historic Inspiration4 flight

    ReplyDelete