earth run: father and son

earth run: father and son

Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Today, I’ve finally got my request for a chiffon cake for my birthday 5 years ago.

…also for our 22th anniversary;

…and for my birthday 4 years ago;

…also for closing a big contract 3 years ago;

…and for my craving for one two years ago;

…also for cleaning the house at the outset of this pandemic.

The craving started more than 5 years ago when during a visit to a relative’s house in Sydney, we were served this baked goody. Since then, I’ve been craving for a bite of the same. We got the recipe alright but disappointingly, having the recipe wasn’t enough. One had to actually do the baking. Then things happened like college thesis, boyfriend, more holidays, job hunting, work, more work, shortage of flour, shortage of sugar, Crash Landing On You, no-reason reason, covid-19.

But today, after all is said and baked, my cravings were satisfied. I am so chiffon-satiated, I can wait another five years. I am a happy dada.

Cheers! #MyCafeNotes

12 comments:

  1. Kumakain din kami nyan. Mr. Speedy! or Mr. morelos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ate Linda, for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rissa Espinosa did you bake it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikkei did. She volunteered to do it years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gima Solano MendozaMay 4, 2021 at 9:04 AM

    Have you tried the chiffon cake of Salazar bakery? Meron sa food court ng SM north.... BAka pwede na sa iyo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheri Mendoza TorresMay 4, 2021 at 9:05 AM

    Where’s the picture of the chiffon cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri Mendoza Torres just a memory now. We'll see again 5 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Espn Ren i can bake you a chiffon cake, hahaha! I dont know when its possible...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't say... you are into chiffon cake too? I bet JT is too. Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dali mo iplease. Suwerte ni Rissa. If you come and visit, I’ll bake for you my special mamon cake. Ask Reng David-Morelos kung approved

    ReplyDelete
  11. Malene Bunag I'll keep this in mind. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reng David-MorelosMay 4, 2021 at 9:11 AM

    Malene Bunag , your mamon is to die for. Dapat may pa take home for me.

    ReplyDelete